Monday, January 02, 2006


Well I think someone must received some slippers for Christmas, and thrown out the old ones. Oh well. Talking of slippers, Gregoire received a pair of vibrating sheepskin slippers from a well meaning relative. They turned out to be too small. So I slotted in the batteries and switched them on. Never worn anything so annoying in my life, they'd drive me crazy. Reckon we will re-package them and give them away next year, or should I say, this year.

So Doppleganger Ursula wrote to say that as the New Year was rung in, she noticed that only two of the village's six bells were being rung. So it was DONG DONG DING DONG DONG instead of DING DONG DING DING DONG DONG. (She's a former bell ringer). She reckons the missing four bellringers were either too sick or too inebriated to ring in the New Year.

1 comment:

Wynn Bexton said...

vibrating slippers? what next?