Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I would not do it for a million bucks


This morning as I walked to the office I came across the common sign that men were working above. In this case they were thirty floors above. It makes me shudder just to think of someone on a narrow platform with a bucket, hundreds of feet above the ground. Sometimes I am working at my desk and Spiderman appears right next to me at the window with a goofy grin and a sponge. Only he's on the outside and I'm safe and sound on the inside.

He swings across the huge plate glass, washing the window with soapy water, giving someone below a free shower. Then he wipes it all clean. Then as soon as he arrives, he leaps on to the next window. It must takes hours to do some of these enormous skyscrapers. I must admit I've never seen any women do this but I am sure there must be some. I hope they all get paid as much as stockbrokers. But you could not pay me enough to do it.

No comments: