Thursday, August 18, 2005


So a couple of months ago I bought two baby chilli pepper plants. Feeling very pleased with myself, I tucked one of them very comfortably in a pot surrounded by other herbs and stuck it on the deck. The other I gave to a friend. Here is my mine.... feeble green leaves, thin as a rake and only one chilli in view.


...and here is my friend's, utterly bursting with life, chillis all over the place. Hmm, I'm thinking she watered hers, and probably read some of Byron's poetry to it every day. Yes, I can see a tube there, she had some automatic system in place. I gave mine the watering can treatment, but I admit it was rather sporadic, and we've had some fierce hot weather the last month. Anyway at least I know what can be done. We'll invite her over supper and she can bring the chilli sauce.

1 comment:

Wynn Bexton said...

ahh.... has she given you the secrets of her green thumb?