Sunday, August 27, 2006

I've been on the road for the last week so I have not caught up with Simon Says in the elevator to find what ails him. But I am on to the case.

I have taken six flights in the past six days. Its been a bit frustrating having to check in toothpaste and contact lens fluid in the main baggage. In the lounge while you waited for your bucket of flying bolts, you could buy a cup of coffee but they would not supply you a lid, as they did not allow you to take it on board. Hopefully this will all calm down soon. But the real problem was when I arrived back in BlogTown and waited to pick up my luggage. It look a while for the bags to be deplaned, at least twenty minutes before anything started moving on the carousel. Then they all came at once and everyone grabbed their bags and left. Except me. My bag never arrived. I made two flights that day, and apparently it never left the first location. What have they got against a purple suitcase with a red ribbon? Such a nuisance. Since you can hardly bring anything on board the plane as carry-on baggage these days, I had checked in almost everything. All my trip notes, my toilet bag and my pet boa constrictor (ok, maybe I exaggerate a little).

There is good news to this story. 48 hours after landing, I got a call in the early morning to tell me my bag had finally arrived at the airport, and would I be home if they delivered it my door ? Sure, come on down. No idea why it was delayed and when the purple bag with the red ribbon arrived, no explanation was given : "I'm just the delivery guy". I'm just glad to have it back. This is the second time this has happened to me, fortunately it has been about a decade since the first time. I hope there's a least ten years before the next disappearance.

2 comments:

Wynn Bexton said...

Oh gee, I'm taking off for NYC next week. Hope there's no hassles with my lilac coloured bag!!! (and the contents). This flying stuff is getting nerve-wracking.

M said...

W
I'm sure you'll be fine. I was unlucky with my bag - first time in ages. Have a great trip.
M