Monday, August 07, 2006

Two Dead Crows - and whatta you got?

Alright, alright, I know, this blogging by pictures is easy enough. You just upload them and away you go. But then its easy to get by without writing much.

I've not a lot of time because Gregoire will be screeching for his supper. Which is not quite fair because we take turns to cook. And even I have worked out that it is my turn this evening.

Ok crows are in the title so we'll talk crows. So you see, down the alleyway in the last week we saw two stone dead crows. Not thirty feet from one another. West Nile, I hear you croak ? Well who knows. Crows are pretty sharp customers, I would doubt they got poisoned. There have been a lot of vermin around here, so there's probably rat bait in every block. We check the local municipal information on crows. If you get the darned bird into the lab with 48 hours it will be checked for West Nile.

Well of course our two dead-uns did not make it to the lab. I could have taken pictures, but that seemed a bit gratuitous. They've been flattened a few times by local cars so are as flat as a board. I found out today though that they still stench to high heaven, as I took pity upon them on my litter pick-up route, and carted them away, and disposed of them.

Talking of smells, I think the skunk has come back to live. We've blocked every hole imaginable to the crawlspace, but he/she obviously still thinks this is the Motel Six or something. Each evening around 10pm, the "smell" appears and out I go on to the deck in the hopes of seeing the creature, and probably just as well, I don't, otherwise I could get a nasty dose of something.

Which reminds me, I must away to sort out the evening meal...

No comments: