Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Net Trawling and Sam Pepys

Its clear that today I had way too much time on my hands. I added a search engine, and yes, by George, I added a poll. Please don't run for the hills. Do me a favour and let me know the status of litter in your neighbourhood. Many thanks in advance.

There are trends that fly around very quickly from blog to blog. Some items I noticed today:

Amazon has developed a script that runs and creates the author's name, the letters of which are made up of covers in their database. So check out this for a lark.

I read Samuel Pepys' Diary quite often. Its on the right side in my Blogroll (list of favourite sites). Sam's worried about his maid at the moment as she's been ill for a few days. To quote Samuel:
Drinking of cold small beer here I fell ill, and was forced to go out and vomit, and so was well again and went home by and by to bed. Fearing that Sarah would continue ill, wife and I removed this night to our matted chamber and lay there.
I reckon hangovers in 1662 probably felt as bad as they do today. I'm getting worried about Sarah the maid, hope she gets better. We have to wait for the next installment.

1 comment:

Wynn Bexton said...

Well isn't that Amazon thingy just too cool?