Monday, January 31, 2005

What's the deal with the pot?

So I must admit to being confused as to whether the pot was usable or not.

Gregoire and I were at a party on Saturday night. A friend told me the pot plants would be nigh on useless. Its the female plant you need and the buds are the important part. Another friend told me they could be harvested even though they had been soaking in the rain for days. Yet another friend wasn't the least bit surprised by the pot plants but let me know he would get real interested in a hurry if I found a body. Charming. Ok, I'll get right on that.

On Sunday Marjorie and I went for a walk with her dog Boomerang, a lovely dog with a great attitude, and we strolled past the scene of all of yesterday's excitement. Well the pot plants were still there. Although, after 24 hours of rain, they now looked like a big heap of sopping spinach. What a disgusting mess! Marjorie gave a plant a quick sniff and confirmed it was pot, just in case I was hallucinating it all. Boomerang lifted his leg to give his stamp of approval, but we moved him along quickly before he could christen the proceedings.

Of course now I wonder why the plants were dumped in the first place. Maybe a drug deal gone wrong? or maybe they were just being discarded as worthless and that was as good a place as any. I suspect I'll find more some day, but by then I hope to better informed about the weed. I have no interest in consuming or collecting it personally, I am just curious. Any thoughts on this?

1 comment:

Wynn Bexton said...

Well, my take on it is, as you can make tea out of pot you might have been able to brew it up. Or..as it is a plant once dried out (you have to dry it out anyway to smoke it) you might have been able to smoke it after all. It could be that someone was afraid of getting caught and/or someones parent found the stuff growing in their garden and ditched it. Or, some was stealing it from a gro-op and was afraid of getting caught. You could speculate til kingdom come on this one! roo