Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Oh the moon shone bright...



There was a stunning full moon tonight. I could not resist getting out the camera. But being photographically challenged, it just came out as a white blob in the night sky. So I added watercolour effects to see what it would look like, and here we go.

All I can think of right now is from T.S. Eliot and I think it originally came from an Australian WWI song:

Oh the moon shone bright on Mrs. Porter
And on her daughter
They wash their feet in soda water.

Does anyone else have a favourite poem about the moon?

1 comment:

Wynn Bexton said...

How about this:
"When the m-moon shines
over the mountain,
I'll be waiting
by the k-k-k-kitchen door..."
(and old song)
or:
Hey diddle diddle,
The cat and the fiddle
The cow jumped over the Moon...."

tralalala...Moon madness.