Thursday, February 24, 2005

ScruffyJoe Returns

I bought some more flowers from the florist near work today. She remembered me from last week. I'm going to give her name a name now, it's Gert. She has that Gert look, dark hair, European accent, friendly but business-like, and sharp as a pin. She reported that ScruffyJoe had been back twice to try and palm off fake twenty dollar bills again. Gert shook her head and said "He must think I'm so stupid that I don't recognize him. Crazy Man".

On the BlogTrain home there was a little fair haired baby sitting on his mother's lap. He played with a small coloured plastic ball and played peek-a-boo with the other passengers. Usually you hardly get a peep out of anyone when it comes to communicating with strangers. Everyone is in their own private world. But a baby playing peek-a-boo, absolutely irresistible. The whole carriage got in on the act, smiling and waving at the child. It was charming.

HedgeRow House is not getting a Christmas Card from me.

Its almost the weekend, can't wait.

No comments: